Dr. Falk Video-Report – PART 4 of the Satellite Symposium „EoE – State of the Art“, which took place during the ueg week 2018 in Vienna (Austria). Prof. Dr. Stephan Mielke, Hannover (Germany) talked about “Therapeutic strategies” in Eosinophilic Esophagitis.
©2019 Dr. Falk Pharma GmbH, Freiburg. All rights reserved.
EoE – State of the Art – PART 4: Therapeutic strategies in EoE
The most important facts summarized:
- Topical corticosteroids are efficient in inducing a clinico-histological remission in EoE patients
- Topical corticosteroids are more efficient in maintaining clinico-histological remission in EoE patients than placebo
- Topical corticosteroids significantly reduce the risk of a bolus impaction in EoE patients compared to placebo
- Withdrawal of topical corticosteroids in patients with deep remission is leading to a relapse in around 80% of the cases
- Most EoE patients need a long term treatment for their disease, for example with topical corticosteroids